Thursday, February 1, 2018

I'm Still Here

I regret that I haven't posted anything new in so long but January wasn't a good month for me. Too much bad weather, too many things to deal with, too much...of pretty much everything.

And the last few days I've been dealing with a sinus infection, which is never fun.

But I'm still here, honest. I can tell you that I made some good food the last few weeks, The best was my homemade macaroni and cheese. I used just five ingredients, which were flour, cheese, salt, pepper and milk. The milk and flour I used to make a roux. Once that was done, I added the cheese, which was mild cheddar. Once that was done, I seasoned it very lightly and it came out just right.

I mean, for my tastes, it was perfectly seasoned. Also, I used very good macaroni, which is key to the whole thing, of course.

I also made some fried chicken strips, which also came out really well. Lightly battered and again, seasoned just so. I paired them with homemade stuffing and corn.

What else can I share with you?

Well, if you like soul music in all its various forms, you might want to look into a series of releases all using the title "Eccentric Soul". These are various artist compilations, most of which focus on a particular record label. These labels are mostly very obscure ones but some of the sides they cut are very good. The most recent one I purchased is sub-titled "Sitting In The Park" and was inspired by a man who had 35,000 45 R.P.M. singles in his personal collection at the time of his death in 2014.

His name was  Bob Abrahamian and from what I've read, he was fanatical (in a good way!) about preserving soul music produced in Chicago and surrounding areas. He would spin these rare records while on the air at WHPK.

Here's a link to it.  http://www.numerogroup.com/products/eccentric-soul-sitting-in-the-park

I've received no compensation whatsoever for posting the link or for recommending the release.
I just want to share the good stuff with anyone who might enjoy it. If you don't want to wait to have a disc delivered, you can do what I did and buy the whole thing as lossless FLAC files. Or, if you want them, you can also get MP3 files but there's no pricing difference so I went with the lossless files.

As always, I thank you for reading this and I wish you well.


No comments:

Post a Comment