Friday, March 23, 2018

Things I Want To Say

First things first, okay? I haven't posted here in quite some time, because I've been dealing with some things in real life. So, I'm sorry, but there's not much I could have done about the lack of posts.

I've been good, for the most part, but just had such a problem dealing with winter weather. I'm just not able to handle the cold, the wind, the ice, the snow and various combinations thereof the way I used to be able to. There were far too many days I went nowhere, or just one block up the street to the convenience store and one block back. Being the person that I am, I did go out a few times when doing so wasn't exactly the safest thing to do.

I mean, when it's four degrees out with a wind chill of minus-eight, that's dangerous. But that night, I just didn't care. I had to get out and do something, anything, to take my mind off things. So I caught the #57 bus to Vestal and got some groceries at Wal-Mart. I had it timed what should have been just right in terms of waiting for the bus back, but the bus was behind schedule. It was starting to snow heavily, which is why the bus was running late. Still, it felt good to just get out of the building I live in.

I've done more of the work needed to get my catering business up and running. I still have to attend the food safety training the local health department requires, which is free and takes just one day. I also need to deal with a few other requirements, such as getting a waiver for worker's compensation insurance, because at first, at least, I'll have no employees.

I had two job interviews that went very well, but didn't get the job from either of them. Still, it was good to be in the running, at least, as it were. I am currently in the running for a volunteer position that could possibly lead to a paying job. I've done that twice before in my life and had it work out well both times. So, fingers crossed and all that.

Things in my building are good, overall, but we have several new residents who are making for a real problem in the kitchen. Unwashed dishes, dirty counter tops and such are bad enough, but there have been several incidents of the smoke detector being set off. If the kitchen winds up being closed for an extended period of time (which has happened before) or even worse, closed permanently, I'll have to move. Neither my budget or dietary restrictions can handle any extended period of canned and frozen foods.  Plus, I've been turning out some first rate food lately. Baked macaroni and cheese, pizza, pasta sauce and tuna casserole are some of the things I've made from scratch and been very pleased with. I have a recipe for brownies I want to try, as well.

As regards current events and politics, I'm both worried, and optimistic. Worried, because hard liners like John Bolton and Mike Pompeo are downright dangerous when given positions of power and both men are on the rise once again. Optimistic, because there is hope for the mid-term elections. But the people who run the Democratic Party, my party, need to embrace the core values the Party once stood for.

So, that nicely sums up what's been going on. I do intend to resume regular posting soon, but as always, I won't make any promises.

Also, as always, I thank you for taking the time to read this, and I wish you the very best.







No comments:

Post a Comment