Monday, October 2, 2017

The Seasons Change

We're now into the second week of autumn and I'm glad to see its arrival. The summer we just finished had far too many days of temperatures in the high eighties and low nineties. I've written before about how I don't handle heat very well. I do however, have few problems with cold temperatures. I once went up the street I lived on at that time to get a few things from the bodega on Washington Avenue when the temperature was ten degrees below zero.

The first week of autumn in this area was just a continuation of summer; every day saw temperatures in the eighties for the highs and low-to-mid sixties for the low. But over the weekend, things really changed. Last night we got down into the thirties and this morning when I went to take out the trash, there was a dense, cold fog hanging over the ground.

The heating system here at the Y.M.C.A. is one that works well. Last night, with the heat running (something that either happens or doesn't, residents have no control), the temperature in my room when I went to bed was sixty-eight degrees. For me, that's just about right.

Wishing you well, dear reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment