Wednesday, June 27, 2018

I Just Want To Cry

I've not written anything for a few weeks now because I've been dealing with some personal issues, and also because I'm so very worried for the future of America. The things going on in my personal life are ones I'll get a handle on, sooner or later. But the things happening in this country?

God only knows when we'll somehow find a way out of the mess we're in  Do I really need to list all the things that are wrong? Because part of me wants to, right here and now. If you pay any attention at all to current events and to politics, you must have at least some idea of what's going on. 

Let me just say that as far as I'm concerned, we're living in a fascist country right now. If you don't agree with that statement, so be it.

And now Anthony Kennedy is retiring from the Supreme Court, which gives Donald Trump a second justice to nominate. If Roe V. Wade is really hanging on by the thinnest of threads, which I believe it is, the next new justice could well be the one to finish it once and for all. I said right here on this blog that electing Trump would result in everything we've long considered as being normal being up for grabs again. And I've been proven right on that, I think.

I'm sad, and scared, and worried. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see the 2020 presidential election called off altogether. To see Donald Trump embrace his desired role as our dictator for life. Nor, sadly, would I be surprised at all to have Trump declare martial law in an attempt to control dissent.

Again, if you disagree with me, so be it. I'm just calling things as I see them, which if you read this blog on a regular basis, shouldn't come as any surprise.

I wish I had something fun to write about, or something uplifting, or hopeful. Right now, I just don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment