Monday, July 2, 2018

My Air Conditioner Should Arrive Soon

Summer is definitely here, folks. Over the weekend just ended, local temperatures in the Binghamton area got as high as 100 degrees Fahrenheit. When I passed a bank on Saturday afternoon at about 4:30, its sign read ninety-six. I was on a B.C. Transit bus, coming home from a supermarket that I normally walk to and back from. But on Saturday, I gladly paid the fare to ride the bus both ways.

I also ate at Subway while I was out. As I've mentioned here before, I do not handle extreme heat very well. Today, for instance, I got a little bit ill from the heat here in my room at the Y.M.C.A., so I went down to the air conditioned lounge for awhile. As I've mentioned here before, there have been times I've actually had to go to an emergency room to be treated for heat exhaustion. I do not want to have that happen again.

Spending a little time in the lounge is a nice short term solution but it's not like I can hang out there all day, or sleep there overnight. Here on the fourth floor, the temperature in these rooms can be as much as ten to fifteen degrees higher than what it is outside. My two rotary fans help some, but when it's that hot, the only real solution is air conditioning.

So, earlier tonight, I bought a portable air conditioning unit from QVC, and I paid extra for express shipping. The unit will arrive on Friday. Between sales tax and shipping, the total cost came to $402, which when spread out over six months is very affordable for me these days.

And you know, it's for something I really do need. I have to be comfortable and rested when I wake up each morning if I'm going to be able to do a good job at work.

As always, dear reader, wishing you the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment