Saturday, July 14, 2018

Odds And Ends, Once Again

I really don't have anything all that important to write about right now but I do have a few odds and ends I'd like to share with you. So, in no particular order of importance, here they are.

1. My air conditioner arrived last Thursday, a day earlier than expected, which was nice. For the most part I'm very pleased with it. It was difficult to set up by myself (the instructions do say it's a two person task) but after forty-five minutes, it was ready to use. It works well and is worth what I'm spending on it.

2. Monday and Tuesday of this week coming up will be a real test of my skills at work as I'm going to be filling in for Lauren. Both days the lunch menu is pretty simple, which is good. But still, it's going to be a challenge for me. I'll have anywhere from thirty to forty people depending on me for their food, and I need to get it served on time.

3. I will have three paychecks in August so that's going to be about $400 extra I can spend any way I want. This is going to be an interesting decision for me to make. Will I put that cash into my savings account? Will I invest it in my catering business? Will I buy my mother something quite expensive she wants, as a birthday present? At this time, I really don't yet know what I'm going to do.

4. I got my hair cut  on Tuesday of this week at the barber shop I've written about here before. As always, it was a very pleasant experience and really did once again feel like going back in time a good thirty to forty years. And, as always, the hair cut was a great one and reasonably priced, coming to $9 with the tip.

5. I usually don't buy things for the kitchen that look to be of questionable value. But last week I took a chance on something and it turned out to be a good buy. It's a pasta cooker and steamer you use in the microwave. Its name is "Pasta N More" (poor grammar, I know), and is endorsed by this guy you might have seen on television who calls himself Chef Tony. I've used it to cook macaroni that came out perfectly. I've also used it to steam hot dogs, which also came out just right. Fifteen seconds or so also steams the buns very nicely. It's well worth the $18.98 I paid for it at Wal-Mart.

It also comes with a very nice recipe booklet, and most of the recipes actually look very good. I'll let you know how they come out as I start to make some of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment