Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Some More Odds And Ends

Hello, folks. This is going to be kind of a generic post covering some odds and ends that don't really fit anywhere else. So, here we go.

I. As of 1:38 a.m. Eastern time, the 2016 Presidential election is not officially over, but a win for Donald Trump looks very likely. I have so much I want to say about this but I do not want to post too hastily, nor do I want this blog to become all about politics. I'm considering starting a second blog for those kinds of discussions.

II.  I am grateful for affordable, over the counter pain relievers. I've been dealing with a migraine headache for two days now, and the store brand of naproxen sodium has been a great help. It's the best $2.99 I've spent all week.

III. I had a good dinner tonight, consisting of marinated pork, mashed potatoes and green beans. All freshly prepared here at home. Good food always is worth the time and effort it takes to make.

IV. I often shop at stores such as Dollar General and am always pleasantly surprised by the quality of some of their house brands. I really like the Clover Valley chocolate chip cookies sold at Dollar General. They retail $1.75 for a package of eight cookies. Ten seconds in the microwave and they come out really good tasting.

As always, thank you for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment