Tuesday, June 23, 2020

I Get Things Done

One of the things I pride myself on is being a highly efficient person. Being one isn't easy, and getting to be one wasn't exactly a walk in the park, either.

Just how efficient am I? Let's take today as an example. I woke up at 8:30 this morning and got out of bed right then. In the first two hours and forty-five minutes of my day, I did the following.

1- Turned on my computer, logged into Gmail, and checked my messages.

2- Checked my news feed for overnight news headlines.

3- Ate breakfast.

4- Washed my face, shaved, brushed my teeth, showered and washed my hair, then put on clean clothes.

5. Cleaned my room here at the Y.M.C.A., daily cleaning includes light dusting, sweeping and mopping of the floor, and taking out the trash. Made my bed and sprayed it lightly with fabric freshener.

6. Walked to my credit union to make a deposit. It's a twenty minute walk each way, so the round trip and waiting to get into the lobby took 45 minutes altogether.

7. Walked home, stopping at a Family Dollar store to pick up a few basic items.

8. Put those items away when I got home.

9. Started writing this blog post.

Not bad, if I do say so myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment