Friday, July 3, 2020

I Like Candy

Earlier today, I went one block up the street to a convenience store that I get a lot of things from. They sell bread, milk and other basics at reasonable prices. The guys who work there make good subs, as well. I got one today for lunch.

The first thing I did after placing my order for the sub was go to the aisle where they have all the snacks. Now, please bear in mind, I'm fifty-four years old. But sometimes, when I'm trying to decide what snack to get, I'm still like a kid.

It's "Oh, that looks good" and "Wow, I haven't had that in a long time", and other things I say to myself as I consider my choices. Today I got a pack of "Chuckles". If you've never had this, let me explain. These are flavored jelly candies that have been on the market since they were first sold in 1921.

The standard is five pieces to a pack, and has been for as long as I can remember. I like all five flavors but my favorite is the licorice.

I'll probably eat them while watching a movie on DVD later tonight.

Wishing you a safe and fun Independence Day, dear reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment