Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Good Food Delivered

Today I took a nap, after doing the things that needed to be done.

While sleeping, I had a dream that I was eating chicken wings. For me to dream about food is a common occurrence. But it's usually about food I eat on a regular basis.

I honestly can't remember the last time I ate chicken wings. I did, however, read an article a few days ago about Domino's having recently changed the recipe on their wings. So when I woke up from the dream, I turned my computer on and went to their website.

The store closest to me is just a few minutes away. I order food from it once a week, on average. Their delivery drivers are always courteous. All deliveries are contact free, these days.
I usually use the two items for $5.99 each online coupon, and did so tonight. I added a 20 ounce soda to my order, so with tax, delivery fee and tip, my total came to just under $25.

From the time I placed my order until the time the driver arrived with my wings and pizza was twenty-three minutes. The estimate was twenty-three to twenty-eight minutes, so that was all good.

The driver was properly wearing a face mask, and kept the delivery process contact free.

The wings were delicious. I wanted to see what they taste like with no sauces on them, so I ordered them plain, with one side of honey barbecue sauce. The one side of sauce comes free with the wings and was just enough for the eight pieces in my order. They're baked, and not at all greasy. Whatever is used to marinate them gave them a really nice flavor that enhanced but didn't overpower the chicken.

The pizza was my usual order. No garlic in the crust, topped with sausage and mushrooms. It was baked to perfection and I had one slice of it. The rest will be tomorrow's breakfast and lunch.

I am a professional chef. A lot of my fellow chefs hold chain restaurants in disregard. But personally, I feel that some chains do offer good food at good prices. The food I got tonight was reasonably priced and of good quality.

As always, dear reader, wishing you the best in these times of uncertainty.


No comments:

Post a Comment