Friday, July 24, 2020

Your Week In Review

Well, here we are. It's Friday, and what a week it's been.

The Senate is in recess for the weekend, despite having taken no action on the HEROES act. All sorts of different numbers are being tossed around by the Republicans. We're hearing $100 a week extra in unemployment benefits, or maybe $400 a week, or maybe the full $600, or maybe nothing at all.

Covid-19 cases and deaths continue to rise, primarily in places that reopened too soon.

Much of the country has been dealing with severe heat. It was so bad out yesterday in Binghamton that I went nowhere. I left the building just for the few minutes it took me to take out my trash. I timed that just right, because ten minutes later a bad thunderstorm passed through.

Today, thankfully, it's a bit cooler so I was able to take a short walk.

Which is good because I had a very bad migraine overnight and had to get some kind of medicine. It was so bad that it made me slightly dizzy and nauseous. I took two Advil Migraine gel caps and I'm waiting now for them to kick in.

I've had some good food this week. My order from Domino's was good. I made myself a nice breakfast yesterday consisting of toast, a three egg omelette, and corned beef hash.

Wishing you a safe and happy weekend, dear reader.





No comments:

Post a Comment