Sunday, July 19, 2020

The Next Day

Okay, so now it's Monday morning, July 19, 1999. I've been home about 45 minutes or so.

I turned on my WebTV unit, logged in, and checked my e-mail. Then I went into one of the rooms
at Talk City. I had been there just a few minutes when I got a private message from another chatter.

The exchange went like this:

"Hi."

"Hi."

"ASL?"

"33/M/NY"

"33/F/PA"

"I'm in Binghamton."

"I'm in Scranton."

"My name's Kevin."

"My name is Michelle."

Yes, that's how my late wife and I met. In a chat room twenty-one years ago today.

After chatting for about fifteen minutes or so, she asked if I wanted to call her. I said I did, and she
gave me her home phone number. We talked for about a half hour more.

When we said good night to each other, she asked if I would ever call again. I said I would, at whatever time was best for her. We talked every night that week. And I decided to meet here in person, on Monday the 26th.

We got married the next day.


No comments:

Post a Comment